At Paradise Canyon our goal is to have all students performing academically at or above grade level.
Paradise Canyon added 30 minutes onto our Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday schedules to include interventions for Language and Math. Each teacher uses data from formative assessments to identify specific learning targets students need more focused practice on and teach them in a small group setting.
Teachers constantly monitor students with formative assessments to drive instruction. If a student falls below grade level, interventions are in place to give extra instruction, time, and support.
Our interventions fall into three tiers:
- Tier I—Regular classroom instruction provided to all students
- Tier 2—Supplemental small group instruction
- Tier 3—Intense individual or targeted small group instruction
Other interventions we provide during school are:
- Preschool (Optional)
- Optional Extended Kindergarten (OEK)
- Leveled Literacy Instruction (LLI) for small groups
- Imagine Learning
- Lexia Reading (grades K-20
- iReady (grades 3-5)
- Daily grade level intervention time
- Special Education